Finding out that your wife is pregnant is one of the most exciting and overwhelming things, especially if its with your first child. There are so many emotions that take place all in the span of about… 30 seconds. So here are a few thoughts that fly through the male brain at that exact moment. Keep in mind that this is the male brain and it can often look much different than the female brain. Sometimes we come across as knuckle draggers…
1. “Oh my gosh! I am going to be a dad!
2. “Oh my gosh… I am going to be a dad…
3. “There is no way that I am adult enough to do this!”
4. “Wait… I cant afford a kid!”
5. If its a boy I will teach him to be a man! (even if neither one of us can grow a beard)
6. If its a girl do i have to play “dress up”?
7. Im definitely not wearing one of those baby carrier things!
8. If I have a daughter she is never dating?
9. I will never be a dorky dad!
10. I will never get a minivan!
Happy Father’s Day to all you awesome dads out there!