If you are a mom to any baby, toddler, child, teenager, (or husband) you probably know how hard it is making it anywhere on time. If you do NOT know the struggle of being on time as a mother, please, Please, PLEASE give me your secret! Like, immediately!!!
Growing up, my mom was ALWAYS late. Every. Single. Time. we went anywhere. I never understood why we could never make it on time. I now know. I now know this struggle all too well. I see my mother every time I look in the rearview mirror backing out of the driveway. So… sorry mom for all the attitude your hormonal teenage daughter used to give you! 😘
So as I muddle through life trying to be on time, Sunday mornings tend to be one big epic fail every week. Why can I not get the hang of this? It comes EVERY SINGLE WEEK! So… here are my top struggles EVERY SUNDAY.
18 Struggles Every Sunday:
1. Your toddler refused to sleep the night before.
2. You promise yourself you WILL be on time today!
3. You needed to wash your hair…
4. You do your makeup with a toddler in your lap.
5. You forgot to make coffee…
6. All ready to leave…. someone poops.
7. You can’t handle one more meltdown.
8. One last look in the mirror.
9. Finally get in the car, suddenly the baby is STARVING.
10. Your child hates the constraints of his carseat.
11. Pull into the parking lot and try to get your crap together.
12. You are late. AGAIN.
13. You finally get your kids checked into their class
14. You make it into the service!
15. You get a call to come get your kid out of the nursery.
16. Someone asks you to lunch during nap time.
17. Your house when your get back home.
18. You get a Sunday nap.
But in all seriousness, Sundays can be hard. I find myself wondering if the struggle to make it to church is worth it and every single week I am glad I did. Moms, you are awesome and you’re not the only one on the verge of losing your salvation while trying to make it to church. Lets stick together and encourage one another! You got this!
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Lets take on life together! 💕
Love you all.